When deciding which university to wait for the following four years, it’s therefore valuable to visit the college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting numerous schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Just What would I eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when i came across a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and remain myself. I encourage our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you choose to come to USC, here is an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you haven’t already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our site for lots more information about how precisely to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you do have a better chance of getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Even if you’re perhaps not 100% sure you’re visiting USC year that is next you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spend time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to additionally create courses with a scholastic advisor. You will be able to join an Orientation program 5 7 business times after you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what kind of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
When you yourself have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are happy to help reply to your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does that mean?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We believe that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a positive learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the classroom.
Certain courses on their own are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to connect to students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to satisfy leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer coping with a host family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils aided by the chance to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For the weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate an issue that is international in scope. They then travel towards the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in https://shmoop.pro/ Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already begun to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its worldwide presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re certainly a global place!